Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Constant Gardener

Surprised that I haven't used that one before. Hello, hello, it's good to be back etc.
May as well pick up where I left off, and give a garden update. Especially as Gaz enjoys them so much. When I left for my hols a couple of weeks ago, my sunflowers appeared to have all peaked, some distance short of the 2m mark. "Russian Giants" my arse. It was a pleasant surprise, then, to return to find that the Velvet Queen donated by Moon was making a late bid for victory. It was 180cm at the last check and is now the King of our garden. Better still, it has about a dozen flowers on it.

The title appears to be between Ak and Munch now, but until either of them displays any evidence that they have 2m+ flowers, and are not just growing bamboo, I declare myself the winner.

3 comments:

Tombola said...

Apologies Munch. I should check your blog before writing mine. However, we could still do with seeing a flower I think....

frankien said...

Its not flowered yet! Any day now...

Moon said...

Until it flowers there is a chance of more growth. It is my life philosophy. Your sunflowers are plenty big enough, frankien! My sister went through Dunchurch yesterday and spied some huge sunflowers, apparently. Could they be...?

Prof I'm impressed by the Queens. Seriously so. How have they grown so large? They should only grow to about 6' max but most this year haven't done so well. I do feel that, as supplier of potentially winning plants, I should gain winning status.