Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tombola's photo album: the nation gives its verdict

While it may not look like it, I do occasionally spend time outside of the garden. A couple of weeks ago I paid a visit to Lambeth Country Fair. It was an impressive event: live music, some of the biggest bouncy castles I've ever seen, a dog show, small children on motorbikes jumping over cars
and through flaming hoops:


We particularly liked the assistant on standby with the fire blanket. I spent the rest of day singing the Junior Kickstart theme.

and.....as if all of that was not enough, I bumped into a legend. He actually said 'Lovely jubbly' as the photo was being taken. Brilliant.


It was a very hot day and he must have been baking under all of that leather and gold. Responses to this picture can be placed into two categories:

1.
Something along the lines of "Who is he?", or, "He looks like an alcoholic Tommy Lee Jones".


2.
"That is the most awesome thing I have ever seen"

"I hate you. Where was that?"

"That is possibly the funniest pic I have ever seen! Brilliant."

"Amazing work"

"You lucky git! We have a signed photo of Wolfie, but it's not the same."

3 comments:

Moon said...

Oh Prof I'm in category 1 I'm afraid. Apologies. Flaming hoops/goalposts look good though. You got Scottish pics to post? Welcome back to the world of blog!

frankien said...

Its all right Moon. I saw that pic and thought exactly the same, although did think he looked slightly familiar...I got into the darts once when I was hungover and now I LOVE it. Its one of the few sports where no exercise is involved.

Christophe Lamby-Pie said...

Brings back memories of the 6th form common room. 12... top score!

I'm defo in category 2 fella. Jingle jangle.