Sunday, September 23, 2007

Night of the sunflowers


Summer's gone...days spent with the grass and sun....

Apart from the Velvet Queen which is still battling away despite constant attacks from the ravenous goldfinches, the sunflowers are all dead now. Biggy Smalls...dead. Tupac....dead....maybe I shouldn't have named them after deceased rappers. Junior & Senior and the Twins gone too and now all just feeding the birds.

Who won the competition then? Who knows? Or even cares? Despite our glorious early burst, it wasn't me. We didn't pass 2metres. Moon appears to be the winner based on published evidence, but I know with mine own eyes that Ak's was bigger than that until it perished in the winds last week.

Time we got a new comp underway. Any one? I'll also need something else to write about on here through those winter months!

8 comments:

Moon said...

How sad it's all over! We should contemplate either an indoors task for Winter, or something Christmas based perhaps. I propose knitting! Or, even better, crochet! Let's knit a Santa beard.

frankien said...

Why doesnt my sunflower get a mention? It was 276cm.

I have an idea- who can find the most hideous christmas decoration?

Tombola said...

Because Munch, you've not given us any photo evidence of it with a tape measure yet. Declare yourself the winner.

Hideous decorations it is....go for it...

Unknown said...

Brilliant idea! I won this last year though. Even if I was the only one playing I did find some heeedeous stuff.

Unknown said...

Let's all knit a christmas prawn!

Tombola said...

is caroline the same as moon?

Unknown said...

Yes. If I've signed into googlemail recently it will automatically post me as Caroline. Tis a right nuisance.

Moon said...

On the plus side, it looks like another person's joined the blogging community ;)
(despite this conversation-evidence)