Wednesday, September 19, 2007

We're caught in a trap. I can't walk out, because my leg is all mangled like

A few weeks ago I had an unpleasant experience with a mouse. Well, this morning I was awoken by distressed calls from CP. This time her leg had been caught in a trap and so I was faced with a difficult choice.

Ha, of course not. No, CP was distressed because she had gone downstairs to find another mouse caught in a snap trap, but again not dead. Rubbish! We must have the least humane mouse traps ever! But as a now hardened killer, I began the process of mentally preparing for the next stage (the concrete flags I used last time had gone, so it was shaping up to be a case of Willis, with the spade, in the back garden). On went the gardening gloves and I was ready to go.

Last time the unfortunate occupant was clearly on the way out, but this new one was still scrabbling about trying to escape. Maybe this one could just hobble free? I took it a couple of streets away, passing a few people on the way ("Morning!") and put the trap down next to a wheelie bin. Should I kill it? See what it does when I let it go and decide from there. No bits of masonry lying about this time so I would need to strangle it. I opened the trap and before I could even get it in a headlock, it did a runner behind the bin.

2 comments:

Moon said...

Ha - love the title. Good on the mouse. Strong survival instinct. Am a little concerned about your newly acquired violent streak, though.

Tombola said...

I garrotted the binman the other day for being too noisy and waking me up