Friday, July 18, 2008

There's a whole lot of good in those little owls

As I said below, I'm trying to focus on more wholesome pursuits on here at the moment. So how about an exceedingly poor* nature photo? Believe it or not, that dot on the branch is a Little Owl, and I was very excited to have spotted it. And that's a Little Owl as in the species, not just a little owl. Which it also is.

I then tried to improvise a makeshift telephoto lens, using my busted binoculars.


Not really worth the effort, was it?


*my mock Maths GCSE paper was returned with the words 'many exceedingly poor answers'. While I was a bit downhearted and fired up to do better in the real thing, I still couldn't help chuckling at the thought of Mr Kipling frowning at my appalling use of trigonometry.

No comments: