Friday, November 06, 2009

Found: Chas & Dave's notepad!


Found this scrap in the street a few days ago and there are loads of things that I love about it. I'd wager that the majority of football fans have at one time or another had a go at selecting their first XI, but this takes it further by also listing the manager and chairman (there tend to be few alternatives in those positions). Despite having no difficulty with 'Huddlestone' or 'Naughton' (wot, no Corluka?), they really struggled with Len...Lenn...Lennon. And the finish leaves the reader (or scrap picker-upper) in no doubt of their allegiance: 'I AM A SPURS FAN - THE MEN FROM WHITE HART LANE'.

But that's not all! Flip it upside down and it looks like somebody is in the process of being evicted. All very strange.

2 comments:

Tombola said...

BEEP BEEP! Munch to post, Munch to post! You're a Spurs fan aren't you? What do you make of that team selection then?

frankien said...

I couldnt comment, I barely watch football anymore. But the debating over Lennon was funny. I like Lennon and respect his need to wear gloves- I wear ear muffs all the time- it might look stupid but it's not cool to be cold (or something).