Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I don’t like cricket, I love it

Despite my paean to fantasy cricket being met with the online equivalent of stony faces, I’m not going to let the matter drop like a missed slip catch. Ladies and gentlemen, here is the starting XI that aims to build upon the reigning triumphant ‘Mahmoody Blues’ (Willis Challenge Champions, 2005).

Please welcome…….‘Straight outta Compton’

PA Jaques
RS Bopara
SG Law
BM Shafayat
NRD Compton
CMW Read
L Klusener
Mushtaq Ahmed
Zaheer Khan
Mohammed Asif
G Keedy

They begin scoring points from today. Go on lads!

Marvellous.

2 comments:

- said...

Someone appears to have kidnapped Tombola and replaced him with a middle-aged man complete with middle-aged hobbies.

I want the old Tom back... where is he?

Moon said...

"paean" - what a fantastic word!

Cricket's still boring, though. Sorry, Prof.