Thursday, March 01, 2007

Dude looks like a lady

Like all the best stories, this one is set in a male public toilet. A few weeks ago, I was in the Cotswolds. We had a walk up Cleeve Common (outside the village of Bishop’s Cleeve – which instantly got me chuckling about wizard’s sleeves) and on the way back down I needed to spend a penny (it was a cold day). I’m not a qualified expert yet, but the toilet was much like any other public one in a remote part of the countryside: pretty grotty, smelly and obviously popular with a certain demographic. For those familiar with the Viz Profanisaurus, there was a fine example of ‘Bosch’ on display in there. After inspecting the graffiti (which won’t be repeated here, but for anyone interested, Winchcombe public library seems to be the place to go) I washed my hands. Next to the sink was a brochure publicising ‘The Ultimate TV Experience’. I glanced at it, was a bit confused and wanted to learn more. And I did learn more. A whole lot more. It took a good amount of time for the penny to drop and the realisation that 'TV' did not refer to television....






























Tombolablog's favourite part is the line about sleeping and dreaming 'perchance a female dream' (point 9) . Beautiful!

For more info, click here, though it's pretty much everything that you get in the brochure.


Gentlemen, when the time comes, consider my stag do booked!

2 comments:

Moon said...

When is said stag do?! careful not to run off with the wrong bride. That one looks like Alice Cooper.

Tombola said...

And I thought that this blog was guaranteed to get at least a few comments!