Thursday, March 01, 2007

Hog's eye

Animal cruelty is no laughing matter. A previous occupant of our house was evidently very concerned about it as we regularly get post for her from The Dogs Trust, the RSPCA and a pony sanctuary in Devon.


However - let's face it, there's always an 'however/but' in these blogs isn't there? - this one that dropped on the doormat late last year (I've been a bit slack blogging recently - there are loads of them all backing up like planes above the airport in Die Hard 2) was a new one on me.







There's no reason why pigs should receive worse treatment than dogs or donkeys, so let's hear it for the mother pigs and their babies in 2007, which is the Chinese Year of the Pig after all.

4 comments:

Moon said...

Right on. Let's hear it for the pigs.

It's worth following the link to the pony sanctuary. Watch the slideshow on the front page. One's biting a woman's jumper - brilliant picture! Wonder how long she had to pose for...

Tombola said...

Horses seem to have a thing for jumpers. I'm basing that on the pic you refer to and the way that a horse once started nibbling at my mate's jumper. We were up a hill at midnight, carrying 14 golf flags and a rake. A group of horses surrounded us and circled round a bit. I was crapping it. It's a long story.

frankien said...

I love horses best of all the animals, I love horses they're my friends.

Not really, they're rubbish.

Moon said...

Horses are like dogs in that their owners tend to look like them. A horse has nibbled my jumper before, too. Night golfing in a horse field sounds like an odd pastime though. Were you detouring from a cow-tipping adventure?