Friday, June 22, 2007

John Barry Bingo II

Quick post script about last night....

It was amazing. The only minor downer was that I'd convinced myself that Shirley Bassey would make a special guest appearance to sing Goldfinger and sadly that wasn't to be. That aside, it was class. I thought I might actually explode during the Bond medley at the end.
Here's a very ropey pic of John Barry getting a standing ovation:


And now for the bit that you really want to know. The winning Barry Bingo card:


This earned me a free trip to see Die Hard 4 (for getting the most crossed off) AND a free drink when we get there (for being the first to get a line). It was a very tight game - I claimed victory by a single point. I can heartily recommend concert bingo though - we're seeing Jarvis Cocker on Saturday and I'm threatening to create a 'Cocker Lottery' for that.

2 comments:

Moon said...

Congrats! If you're sly about it you can position the most likely candidate choons in lines to ensure partial victory. Hope Cocker's good. I don't have any gigs lined up - must work on that! For the first time ever I have no desire to be at Glastonbury whatsoever. Despite the jazz tent. I saw McRae (yet again) a couple of weeks ago. He was outside as I arrived. Our eyes locked and we shared a moment. Only a moment, though, as I was too rubbish to approach the man. I would have only said that I hearted him or something, anyway, so the moment was best left untainted.

Gerard said...

I am insanely jealous. I ha no idea this was even on...and then I missed DSB at Glastonbury too. A bad month all round. Gerard was even won over by the Dame's enormous lungs. I have to say, one of my favourite Bond choons is "A Drive in the Country", sadly a non-Barry moment from For Your Eyes Only. A bit of funky James Bond theme with Greek undertones, perfect for a country scout in your 2CV.