Thursday, May 08, 2008

Hi, I'm Ed Winchester...

While perusing the latest issue of Viz earlier, I suddenly remembered something from my recent trip to Ireland*. On the flight from Heathrow - Dublin, I had a flick through the in-flight magazine and out of it fell a slip of paper. The slip of paper looked like this:
















and on the other side it looked like this:
















How intriguing! Who is this mystery lady? And why does she want to know where I was going?

I love things like this! Flashmobs, Join Me, secret gigs... At the time I remember being quite excited and comparing it to Charlie Bucket finding a golden ticket, or perhaps some kind of global treasure hunt/mystery. Then I had the idea of leaving an invite to Tombolablog's forthcoming nuptials (thanks) in a similar place and seeing if a mystery guest showed up on the day. CP was less keen on this idea. Rightly so, some might say.

I'll email the address now and report any further developments...


* I remembered it because I had a copy of Viz with me on the flight and put the paper in there for safe-keeping.


EDIT (12/5/08)
The email address written on that paper doesn't work - it bounced straight back. So I tried hotmail.co.uk instead. That didn't bounce, but I haven't heard anything back either. Ho hum.

7 comments:

Moon said...

Intriguing indeed! Wonder if her mate did this as a prank? (A lightbulb glows above Moon's head) Keep us posted.

Tombola said...

Will do.

Could have been a prank I guess. I was thinking of doing something similar involving photos of Munch left in telephone boxes.


NOTE:
OF COURSE I'M NOT.

Tombola said...

PS

If anyone knows who that face belongs to, please let us know!

frankien said...

Why do you always pick on me? why dont you leave pictures of gaz or moon in phone boxes?? btw, I've still got it-when I was walking home yesterday, I smiled at a guy and he accidentally walked into a bin. It was actually amusing if you were there. anyway, back to the subject at hand. I dont share your enthusiasm for these things- I think its sinister. I hated it when people had chain letters or left books in hotels with names and destinations. I would NOT have emailed that woman. Its rather attention seeking.

Tombola said...

I dunno Munch, I just find it amusing. Gaz would never rise to anything and I'm usually guaranteed a reaction (sometimes from various family members) if I mention you.

AGAIN: I HAVE NOT, AND WILL NOT, PUT PICTURES OF YOU IN PHONE BOXES

Good work on the bincident.

Lord G said...

You make me sound like some form of lame duck. I don't know why that came to mind however. Wasn't Ed Winchester the only character they were regretful of?

Frankie - admit it, you laughed your tits off when the fella walked into the bin; you've never been good at tactful amusement at someone else's expense....

Tombola said...

Dunno if they regretted Ed Winchester or not, but I for one thought he was class.

Trivia: did you know that he pops up in Tomorrow Never Dies? Sort of anyway, same actor playing a news presenter, although I'm pretty sure he doesn't actually say 'I'm Ed Winchester'.