Wednesday, July 12, 2006

and all the world is football shaped, it's just for me to kick in space

From the BBC website:

Former Liverpool midfielder Dietmar Hamann has joined Manchester City on a two-year contract. Hamann, 32, signed a pre-contract agreement with Bolton last month but then changed his mind, telling the club he wanted to join City instead.


Two things:

1. He clearly is an intelligent chap

2. Looks like my intolerance of players names being shortened is about to be tested to the limit. Check out the statement from Bolton's website:
"Although Didi Hamann signed a contract with the club, he has since had a change of heart and will sign for another football club within the next 24 hours." AAARGH!!!

5 comments:

Lord G said...

Stop caring about football. By all means read the news and check the scores, but only watch it if it's on, and you've nothing else to do.

Tombola said...

I thought the day would never come G, but I agree with you (not that I would never agree with you that is, that I would stop caring about footy - capiche?). However, I'm not sure that this is a football thing anyway - it's more of a personal irritation really. Although....is it just in footy that that occurs? I can't think of it happening elsewhere and so could just be yet another symptom of the overblown, overhyped behemoth that football has become.

- said...

heems, the two of you

Tombola said...

You've been in Oz too long my boy. It's warped your mind.

Lord G said...

No, not to the same extent. As much as we can accept players wages as a mere function of supply and demand, its effect on the moronic masses (note - not the civilised minority) is silly.