Friday, June 27, 2008

Tombolablog went to Bruges and all he got me was this lousy confectionary biff

Tombolablog recently went on a weekend Eurostar jaunt to the lovely Belgian city of Bruges. I could write here about the many picturesque canals, the vast array of exotically named and headbangingly potent beers, or the stunning medieval architecture. And at some point I might actually do that. I could even recount the sickening anecdote about being spat on [that'll be what they mean by Flemish]* but I'm not sure I want to ever think of that again. Never. However, I'm sure you won't be surprised to learn that I'll kick off this travelogue (should I say travelblog, hem hem) with something puerile.

Here is the shop front from one of the many chocolate & gift shops on one of the main shopping streets of Bruges:















Ay caramba! Let's take a closer look at that shall we?











Oh my! I like the way the rabbit on the right is staring so intently at that. I don't know what 'Zoete Kutjes' means but it might be fun to find out.



Who made the mould for that?






That'll be the chocolate money shot! Eh? EH?














No wonder CP looks so appalled.








* sorry Robson, there was no way I was letting that one go!

3 comments:

Moon said...

I think that "zoete" means sweet and Kutjes is a name. Quite possibly for something rude.

Think the sign: "Chocolaterie, confiserie, pralines" needs updating.

Tombola said...

Cheers Moon, didn't know you spoke Dutch.

A new week and I'm a bit ashamed by that pile of chocolate smut so I've shrunk the pictures a bit.

Moon said...

No need to be ashamed - chocolate smut is the best kind of smut!

Yes I am indeed fluent in Dutch. With the aid of google translator.