Wednesday, August 23, 2006

...and then there were 20!

Just had a hair cut and while staring at my face in the mirror, I thought of another lookalike for me. Can't remember specifics about when this was said, but it definitely has been.

Steady yourselves ladies, it's Mr Damon Hill:

While on the subject of Mr. Hill, I've just remembered something I found hilarious/disturbing in a newspaper once. I don't know if he still does it but Damon Hill used to run some days where people - rich celebrity knobheads mainly - could go and drive fast cars around a racetrack. A couple of years ago I read an interview in a Sunday paper Motoring supplement with rich celebrity knobhead Gary Rhodes. He was talking about how he had gone on one of these days and taken his young son along too. According to the stupidly-coiffed pan-botherer, his son had found the high-speed experience so enjoyable and thrilling that he said 'Daddy, my willy has gone hard'. Rhodes could only nod and say 'Yes, son, I know what you mean'. Quite.

Those who have seen my room might think that I still have that article somewhere, but sadly I don't.

6 comments:

Lord G said...

Was that a metaphor Tom? Were you that little boy Tom? Were you the one sitting on Rhodes' lap Tom?

Moon said...

Nice.

Not in relation to this particular post, but thought I'd let you know that I plan to begin my blue square of knitting as charitably encouraged by your good self just a few posts ago (seems like so many posts ago, but that's because your blogs get longer and more picturesome over time). Will give you regular updates.

Oh how my life will be so much fuller once OU finishes! Knitting and, er, stuff.

Moon said...

PS look what I've found!

Are you the spitting image of Charlotte Church?
Do people always think your friend is Peter Andre?
ITV need confident everyday people who look like celebrities for a new show!
Call 0207 522 4578 or email lookalikes@itv.com for more info

What are you waiting for?!

- said...

Please do it Tom!

I'd love to see you on telly with your head stuck inside a giant turkey!

Please...

Lord G said...

Or go with an inflatable aeroplane wrapped around you.

Now that would be incredibly bad taste. Almost as bad as a lad I knew going to a 'bad taste part' in full KKK attire. Do you define that as being successful as being bad taste, or just wrong?

Tombola said...

I don't get the head in a turkey line...

And here's another that I think has been said: Jose Antonio Reyes