Monday, August 14, 2006

There are some sad things known to man, but there ain't too much sadder than

…the sad face on a broken ipod. Truly a tear-jerking sight (I imagine it jerks a whole lot more tears if you are out of warranty). I had to look at this a lot over the last couple of weeks as my ipod mkII (mk I met the same fate a year ago) hovered between life and death. Not good when you are about to DJ at a wedding using a playlist stored on it: ‘Sad face? SAD FACE??? I’ll show you a f***ing sad face!’. Strangely, trying to play anything off ‘Chemistry’ by Girls Aloud would usually result in it putting up the sad face again. After 3 weeks of intermittent working, it was finally laid to rest this afternoon.

I’m now pretty familiar with the sad face, and the saddest part of it for me is the way that it's down-turned mouth is a bit wonky and asymmetrical:

6 comments:

Lord G said...

is it sorted now then? I've had mine for 6 months or so, and hardly ever use it. I was most unimpressed when I had it on the other day (after a full charge) - played about 5 songs and looked at about 10 pics, and the battery went down to half full....

Tombola said...

I got a replacement. It was still in warranty, the 'genius' in the apple shop couldn't fix it so they gave me a new one. hurrah!

Lord G said...

backed up songs?

Tombola said...

on my computer

but....i need to install something on ipod first and my computer won't let me.....grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Moon said...

Bonus of the 'Pod is that it hovers around the empty battery mark for ages, so don't be disheartened, Lord.

Pleased you got a replacement Prof. There is nothing more stressful. I have to get a new one soon, too, which I feel resentful of because (1) I was the first person EVER to have an iPod mini (name on waiting list and everything) and (2) I only recently bought a speaker dock system for it. Cruel, cruel world.

- said...

Who'd have thought, a couple of hundred quid gets you three new ipods. WTF? I'm writing to Mr Apple to tell him to put you on his blacklist. You shouldn't be allowed to touch any more Apple-stock until you use your aura to break two Microsoft products and fleece th Gates empire to even things up.