Friday, August 11, 2006

Life in the freezer


There's a bit in 'I'm Alan Partridge' when he's checking out his new house and he says that the bathroom is like 'being inside a big glacier mint'. Unsurprisingly, that line came to mind when I was wedged in a crevasse a couple of weeks ago on Franz Josef glacier (I also sickened Ak with a convoluted 'joke' about this being where they mine for glacier mints). Rather pretty eh?

I was initially going to use a pic of CP in the same section of ice. I could have called it 'Ice, ice baby' but chickened out as she might not appreciate me putting pics of her on here without permission.

Sod it.

I might do a holiday pic every day on here. Kind of like an advent calendar. Or, for this time of year, instead of it leading up to Christmas it could lead up to Rosh Hashanah. Shalom!

3 comments:

Lord G said...

Yes do so.

Moon said...

That looks utterly fantastic. Grand pics.

Were there any jokers that went in in shorts? Or dirty tarts in heels and vest tops?

- said...

Tombola and I both went in shorts... we were provided with overgarments though.