Thursday, February 07, 2008

Why was I Great Uncle Bulgaria? I really should have been Tomsk!

It's the story you couldn't make up....I've briefly mentioned on here the time when three of us got a bit of a shoeing while minding our own business, dressed as wombles, and anyone who knows me will no doubt have heard the tale several times. I nearly got to tell the nation when I used it as the 'amusing' story about myself when auditioning for Eggheads, but Dermot decided against asking me about that and enquired about my knitting education instead. Fans of our justice system will be saddened to learn that the miscreants involved remain free and nobody has ever been arrested in connection with the case. But perhaps all of that could now change, as new evidence has recently come to light. A routine inspection of the files has revealed unseen footage from that day in April 2003. If anyone can help, feel free to contact West Yorkshire Police*.



* and while you're at it, why not politely ask them why they miserably ignored my written request to obtain from their archives a copy of the statement that I made at the time?

3 comments:

frankien said...

On the subject of the wombles, we had a quiz question on them this week. We needed you that day! The question was, which womble shares its name with a capital city? Having spent twenty minutes trying to remember the name of Tomsk (which I did remember of course) I was disappointed when I couldnt think what country it was capital of. I wont give the answer here as you might want to show off your greater knowledge. Funnily enough, I don't remember this womble at all.

Tombola said...

I have to be honest Munch, I didn't know of Tomsk either until yesterday when I did some Wikipediaing to learn more about them. And through that I learned that it was a Russian city. But as for a capital one, that would be Wellington right?

frankien said...

Yes youre right. I don't remember wellington, but I do remember Tomsk. Think theres a few new ones now as well. pah.