Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Little red writing book


When I got in last night there was a package waiting for me (left). Note the use of 'Dr. Willis'. Still not used to that :o)

I wasn't expecting anything exciting and feeling that it was quite a chunky package, I figured that it was probably the replacement parts I had requested for my bed. [Not very interesting story - assembled my new bed a couple of weeks ago and there were two bolt-type things missing. I'd already thrown away my old bed when I realised this so I built it anyway. 3 weeks on it's still standing so they can't be that important, right? Anyway, Benson's for Beds, you claimed to be sending the replacements. Where are they eh?].

So I was already mentally working out where I had left the Allen key when I opened the envelope. Inside, however, there were not two bolt-type things. Instead, there was a small red notebook (right). There was nothing else in the envelope, no note or indication from who this might be from. Feeling slightly confused, I opened the notebook and on the inside cover there were some instructions.

Checking back onto the envelope for clues, there was no postmark and no indication of where it could have come from. I carefully studied the handwriting but no joy there either. In these days of texts and emails, I realised that we hardly ever see other people's handwriting anymore.

You may be wondering why I have been sent this spotter jotter. Since moving to London a few weeks ago I have clocked [quick finger count] 5 - 7 celebrities (I'll explain why it's not a definite number another time). I've been quite excited by this and eagerly telling people ever since.

Anyway, using my detective skills, I've narrowed it down to a couple of possibilities. Both of whom are probably going to read this. Whoever the phantom sender be, thank you so much! This is possibly the bestest package I have ever received and the anonymity makes it even better. I feel like a spy! My housemate was impressed too.

At present, the book remains blank (right). But I shall record the celebrity spots already collected in my new Record of Celebrity Spots and keep you updated with my progress.

Thanks!
xxxxx

No comments: