Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Advance apology to all those whose toes I tread on

The wait is nearly over....jive classes start tonight.

Here's what's in store (from my pre-course info sheet):

Lessons start at 7.30 and finish at 9. There will be 30mins of music afterwards for those who want some extra practice time. Our jive courses are aimed at the complete beginner. There are three levels:
* Beginners one
* Beginners two
* Intermediate
In each class you will be learning to dance to music from the 1940s and 1950s. Each week you be taught 2-3 moves. In each of the subsequent classes you will revise 2 moves and add one other so that you progress. The final class will be a complete revision of the moves taught in the course.
Dancing with as many people as possible improves your dancing! Students in our classes are moved around frequently so they dance and learn from each other. There will be time during the class to practice what you have been taught.
At the end of the course you can then progress to the next course or repeat the course. It's up to you!


Watch this space.....

6 comments:

Lord G said...

I still don't get it... Why Jive?

Tombola said...

I don't understand what you don't get Brer Gareth. What is so difficult to comprehend?

I saw an ad for a jive course, I thought it sounded fun, I signed up. Capiche?

- said...

So come ON!!!!

How did it GO????

Oh my GOD!!! I am just SOOO excited....

PURRRLEASE put meout of my misery!!!!

...

Actually I envy you for doing it. I've always wanted to go and learn some form of dance (for me my preference would be Rock 'n' Roll) so enjoy it Brer Willis. Do report back on what you were doing whilst I was being bored witless by boring-boring-negative-footbal-best-team-in-the-world-crap-lucky Arsenal.

Lord G said...

I've been to two lessons of salsa - one in sheffield, and one in orlando (half the population here are hispanic). I'm pretty incompetent and it was a bit embarassing, but it looks cool. I'd like to do it again, but other things are more important to me. I guess I just didn't get the relative appeal of jive alongside other forms of dance... All funny skirts, silly faces and jive bunny and the mastermixers.

Tombola said...

Ok.
I didn't go through a big list of dance types or anything. Here's how it happened:
* Moon played me a tune that reminded me of a tune i used to love called 'glamour pussy'
* i tried to locate glamour pussy using the net and stumbled across a compilation album
* this album was released on a label that used to have fun sounding club nights at South Pacific
* I looked at the south pacific website and it looked like a fun place
* they had an ad on there for jive classes (no other dance classes, just jive) in association with their Hula Boogie night
* i signed up
* bingo

Lord G said...

Glamour pussy sounds like what most wannabe models could be categorised as. I'll let you off then. Perhaps your deft moves will translate into your white shoes and be displayed on the field of football?