Tuesday, April 04, 2006

It's just the jive talkin'

Right, head above parapet time: I've just enrolled onto a Beginners jive dancing course.

Go on, laugh away. Have your fun. But you'll be smirking on the other side of your face once I've perfected my 1950s spins.

Like a London reservoir, things seem to be drying up a bit on here don't they?. So once lessons begin on the 25th April, I shall add a weekly update of my foot-tapping progress.

The classes take place at the really rather ace South London Pacific club in Kennington (www.southlondonpacific.com), and are linked to their 'Hula Boogie' club night.

7 comments:

frankien said...

Were you inspired by the BBC series 'strictly dance fever' (or whatever its called)?
My PE teacher spoke jive.

frankien said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tombola said...

I wasn't Munch, but if I discover a natural aptitude then who knows?

Was your PE teacher the guy off the Drifter advert? Yo gimme skin little bro!

frankien said...

No, it was a lady called Mrs Chester. but she was rather manly and I called her Mr C (kids nowadays wouldnt know who Mr C was). she did talk jive though

Tombola said...

Wouldn't ver kids think that Mr. C was that bald knobhead from off of Hollyoaks who could only speak IN SHOUTS

Lord G said...

Tom... Mr C off Hollyoaks was a fine actor. Wasn't Mr C also in the Shamen?

I also know someone from Hollyoaks. I'm pleased to announce that she got rid of her tash before she was on screen. I don't like her.

Tom (again) - Jive? Being down south is getting to you son.

Tombola said...

G Lord. I know someone from off of Hollyoaks too. He's in Emmerdale now. Which lass do you know?

Don't dispute the power of the jive my friend.