Tuesday, May 22, 2007

It's always nice to be recognised for your efforts

Me and my blue plaque, yesterday.



Of course not. Last time I checked, stumbling through a PhD and finishing 6th in the final of 'The Machine' wasn't enough to be awarded with a blue plaque. This Thomas Willis was a pioneering
(and slightly sken-eyed going off the pic on that wikipedia page) neurologist and also published the earliest English work on medical psychology.
Despite Thomas Willis' sterling efforts though, my favourite Thomas Willis (me aside) is probably the exorcist priest Rev. Thomas Willis from North Yorkshire. He unfortunately doesn't appear to have a webpage of his own, but he does feature in this article, four paragraphs from the end.
More great historical figures (not called Thomas Willis) coming soon, fact fans!

1 comment:

Typethis said...

I'm Tom Willis' grandson. Hello. Nice for him to be recgonised for his efforts (yes, I'm called Thomas too, family tradition). And he's from East Yorkshire, not North Yorkshire,