Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Plug-in baby

Now for a letter from regular reader, Charles Wymer...


"Dear Tombolablog,

On my way to work every day I get the bus from the stop on Gresham Road. One day I noticed something that made me go hmm... There was a plug socket on the wall by the bus stop. A plug socket. On the outside wall. I couldn't recall seeing it there previously. Look, here's a picture:











I think you'll agree, that's an odd place to find a plug socket. What's it for? Charge your phone while you wait for the bus? Maybe new-fangled electric cars can top up their batteries as they cruise around town? And I wonder what Health & Safety would make of it, being exposed to the rain like that?


But as abruptly as it appeared, it was gone. But not only gone, there was no sign that it had ever been there. No holes, marks, wires...nothing. Here's the same patch of wall, yesterday:


What's that all about then eh?"

No comments: