Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Roots manoeuvres

Sometimes it feels like this blog is just an excuse for me to have a solo pun-making competition.

My runner beans continue to grow at an impressive rate. The longest are now over a cubit long (thanks SPMG for teaching me about the forgotten measures of cubit and span). This would be great but I still haven’t put them in the grow bag and they remain in the spare room. It’s like Day of the bloody Triffids in there!
















They’ve started bursting out of their pots and everything. I need to get them planted properly soon or I’ll wake to find their tendrils dragging me from my bed.









A cubit, yesterday.

5 comments:

Moon said...

Wow! Looking very good indeed. Not surprised the roots are growing hugely. Surely they must be at least at long as they plant is tall? Get planting outside, quick! I reckon they're talling than me by now.

Tombola said...

Keep reading down Moon - they are out!

Moon said...

I commented hastily! I shall learn from it...

frankien said...

I already made the day of the triffids joke two posts ago on your blog, but no one picked up on it...sigh.

Tombola said...

Yeah, I thought that was what you might be referring to. Only I never watched it so I didn't know that they made you blind.

Recycling jokes fits with my eco-friendly hobbies!