Thursday, March 09, 2006

"At least she didn't see my scrotal scar"

It's been a couple of weeks since I clocked anyone famous, and compared to my post-Christmas celeb spotting streak, that qualifies as near-drought status. I've been keeping my notebook up to date and will put up pics soon I promise.

Last night I ended up in the George after a work do and quickly spotted that on the adjacent table were 2 members of the Peep Show cast: object of Mark's affections 'Sophie', aka the original 'Bev' from those crappy Bev & Kev insurance ads, also from Look Around You; and, er, the shy student girl who Mark falls for when he returns to his old Uni.

Having learned from previous excruciating mistakes, I've refrained from approaching any of the celebs I've been spotting. So last night I took a sneaky photo on my mobile but other than that I left them in peace.

However, that was until I alerted another member of our group to their presence. He was extremely excited and at the end of the night introduced himself and asked them to sign his 'Predicting Health Behaviour' text book. We ended up having a big old chat, they happily revealed that a 4th series of the mighty Peep Show has been commissioned (filming kicks off in April I think) and they seemed pretty amazed to be recognised (after all, it can't be everyday that they get a popular Health Psychology textbook thrust towards them). I then threw my attempts at distant cool out of the window and also asked for autographs. A few scoops down, I decided that it would be a GREAT idea for them to sign my London mini-atlas. And not just anywhere, the very square that we were sat in. Genius! Of course, if I'd been doing that with everyone I spotted then B1 on p123 would now be an incoherent mass of ink.

12 comments:

Moon said...

You didn't show her your scrotal scar, then? She could have signed it. In the B1 area!

Bev herself. Amazing. Didn't you sign her A-Z? Trendy Landan sure is doing good with the celebrity bum schmoozing. Although (as you know) Bombhead from Hollyoaks was in the Union last night as part of some fundraiser for RAG. We can all rub shoulders with the famous, you know!

x

Lord G said...

I've not seen any of Peepshow. I did see some pretty horrific stuff in Patpong though.

I don't think I've seen anyone famous here. I saw most of the Europe Mosconi cup team (nearly ran over 'Napoleon - http://www.mosconicup.com/marcusChamat.asp) before Christmas, but that's about it.

I now want you to spot that ginger guy off the insurance advert that said "stupid, just stupid" (remember it?)

emily said...

don't know about the scotal scar tommy-boy but am v.impressed with your blog efforts. very witty, rather like reading a dave gorman book although without the crazy bets.

I think my Neve Campbell spot beats the peep-show girls,although bonus points to you for actually talking to them, we just stared at her from afar.

keep up the blogging! xx

Tombola said...

Em - does that mean you've created a blog too? You'll have had to register to leave a comment right?

I take the Gorman comment as a big compliment!

Cheers!
x

Tombola said...

Lord G - I have no idea which ginger chap you mean. I also don't know what the Mosconi Cup is. I shall look it up.

emily said...

well, i have signed up, i can leave comments but can't work out how to get a blog page of my own. keep getting messages that i don't have enough cookies or summat. ironic given that millies always have cookies.

emily said...

well, i have signed up, i can leave comments but can't work out how to get a blog page of my own. keep getting messages that i don't have enough cookies or summat. ironic given that millies always have cookies.

emily said...

well, i have signed up, i can leave comments but can't work out how to get a blog page of my own. keep getting messages that i don't have enough cookies or summat. ironic given that millies always have cookies.

emily said...

well, i have signed up, i can leave comments but can't work out how to get a blog page of my own. keep getting messages that i don't have enough cookies or summat. ironic given that millies always have cookies.

- said...

Emily, not enough cookies but you can press that 'Publish' button as many times as you want now you've got a blogger username. That'll teach them!

Good work T-bone.

frankien said...

Damnit, theres now two emilys to confuse things! I shall try and remember to sign in as frankie from now on!

Tombola said...

For those who are now a bit confused by the multiple Emilys: the new one is my sister. She probably won't be on here that often and I would imagine that she'll stick with Emily as her name.