Friday, March 03, 2006

"Fredrik, pass the loofah"

So I get back from footy feeling pretty knackered and sweaty and decide to have a bath. A quick recce of the bathroom reveals that my female flatmate doesn’t have any smellies that I can pinch so I make do with my shower gel. Here it is (apologies for the poor quality pic - when I used the flash, the glare from the tiles practically blinded me):




Now, let’s just take a closer look at that:



Take your eyes away from my glycerine-moisturised fingers for a minute and look at the name of that shower gel. Kurious?? What? Which marketing genius came up with that? Doesn't exactly conjure up the usual images that masculine toiletries go for: crashing waves, strength, primeval rugged brawn. Aquatonic....Lynx....Ice Dive....Wild Indigo....Kurious. “For the undecided, open-minded sportsperson!” You’re a highly paid professional sportstar, you need to get your kicks somehow, right Ashley? [that’s enough of that! Libel Ed.] According to the back of the bottle: “Sportstar Kurious Moisturising Shower Gel with it’s [sic.] distinctive masculine fragrance is enriched with pure Glycerine to leave your skin clean, fresh and invigorated”. Maybe it's for the more thoughtful sporting hero. Like Graeme Le Saux. Before you ask where you can buy some, I’m afraid that I’ve no idea. My parents brought it down for me last week. I think it might have been given to me at Christmas by a grandma. Maybe they had suspicions about me… perhaps with good reason judging by my quest to steal Claudia’s bath products.

A final point – if you’re going to call a shower gel ‘Kurious’, then you have to at least make it orange.

If anyone knows of a more absurdly named product, please share it.

3 comments:

Moon said...

Not a product, but a hairdressers in Scunthorpe (yes, a fine town) called "Curl Up and Dye". I see what you've done there, but, similar to the "kurious" reaction, it didn't exactly make me want to get my hair cut there. Aside from the fact it was in a bullet proof booth in Scunny.

4 fine postings, Professor! Although I'm slightly concerned that you've only just discovered your own shower gel. You have been looking after yourself since moving away from t'North, haven't you...?
x

Tombola said...

Thanks Moon, and yes you don't need to worry about my personal hygiene. I'd been using a purple one (dunno what - 2 for 1 in tesco). Kurious only appeared last week.

I think there are several 'Curl up & Dye'. I saw a chippy on the outskirts of Bradford called 'Fanny Haddock's' once. I think this topic could run and run...

frankien said...

I can beat that one- in Rugby, kurl up and dye hairdressers was opposite the cemetery.

second point- wasnt curious the perfume by britney spears? it wasnt orange either btw.