Monday, June 19, 2006

I don't want no pigeons

I'm sure there are blogs dedicated to restoration of a classic car, or maybe the progress of a charity in their efforts to raise money to fund the erection of a Brian Clough statue in Middlesbrough, for instance. My blog, Blog Party (thanks again), appears to now be a simple vehicle for chronicling my messing up of a perfectly attractive bird feeder. It now looks like a prop from Mad Max.

Came back from a weekend up north and virtually the first thing I did on returning was inspect the feeder. I wasn’t particularly confident that my feeder fortifications would have worked and I was right: the pens were either knocked over or knocked off entirely, and again there was virtually no food left.

So, after a month of generally happy bird action, I took the very unhappy decision to remove the feeder from my window. A sad day indeed. However, sweet dreams are made of this. Hopefully.

The feeder has now taken up residence on the kitchen window. The pigeons may have won the battle, but the war goes on. While trying to figure out my next move I realised that, by happy coincidence, my pens fitted neatly over the screw spikes which should make them much more difficult to knock over. So I added 3 more. Over to you, pigeons…


No comments: