Friday, June 02, 2006

I wander lonely streets, behind where the lonely Thames does flow

Right, I’m on a roll with this now. My next record attempt (ahem) is a bit more ambitious: I’m trying to construct an A-Z using song lyrics. This has come from listening to ‘Kick off’ by Blak Twang and deciphering the following:

‘I never miss when body blows start to rain,
Wholehearted like hardened Yardies on Coldharbour Lane’

Add that to Eddy Grant’s ‘Electric Avenue’ and my map is starting to take shape. Even better, these are both only a couple of minutes from my house. If I can just add a few more, I could go on a walk, colour them in on a map and I’ve got myself a piece of Richard Long style artwork.

Anyone know of a song that mentions ‘Probert Road’? This game will likely be much easier living in London than in Stalybridge.

Ooh – ‘London Bridge is falling down’. Come on!

8 comments:

frankien said...

Heartache avenue (or heartbreak) with heartbreak hotel on it.

streets of london.

Itchycoo park (the M People version)

Manhatten

Tombola said...

I'm not sure you've quite grasped this one Munch

frankien said...

oh. help me out then!

- said...

Abbey Road, not really too near you, or the name of a song, but do EP titles count?

M62 song? It's a road and would certainly be on your A-Z if you lived in Manc...

Oh I'm sick of this... it'd all be so much easier if we lived in a city Where The Streets Have No Name.

Moon said...

Baker Street of course.

Mile End (a district, though... sorry).

Lord G said...

The Lambeth Walk.

You Pearly Queen you

Ak - superb.

frankien said...

Look, I'm probably missing the point again, but if you just take 'London' by the Smiths, then you should be covered.

Tombola said...

October update: just spotted 'Brixton' in 'Rambling Man' by Lemon Jelly.