Wednesday, June 21, 2006

NO ESCAPE FOR HAIRS

I'm a bit late with this, but it has been sat as a draft for nearly 3 months so I may as well do something with it. This entry has been the ginger step-child that nobody at Blog Party HQ wants to talk about. I kept meaning to do a comedy pic of my face, perhaps with no skin on it or something but I never got around to it.


MEN! Not totally satisfied with your shave? Still searching for that smooth finish? Something that will improve your chances at work AND at home? You've tried everything: Single blade razor? Get with the program Sweeney Todd! Two blades?? Mach3??? How about Quattro???? Ok, electric? Get real. There's only one thing for it* : Go large and scrape 5 blades down your face.

Yep, in case you weren't already aware, Gillette has now launched the world's first 5-blade razor - the Fusion (http://www.gillette.com/men/index_fusion.htm). It’s due to revolutionise the British male’s shaving ‘experience’ later this year. We can finally wave goodbye to those remaining stubborn stubble that just WILL NOT be removed by FOUR blades.

Others will do the usual 'where next?' comments wittier and better than me (there's an amusing piece about the razor here: http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33930). The thought of it does scare me though. I once was a bit careless with the old Mach 3 and wound up with something akin to the Adidas logo etched into my chin. And a lot of blood splashing onto the porcelain. Having said that, if it can remove the outcrop of hair around the back of my lower jaw on the left of my face that I always seem to miss then I'll snap it up.

* until a couple of years time when someone raises the stakes YET AGAIN with the grooming equivalent of a Cat o' nine tails.

1 comment:

Lord G said...

Amusing and I was going to write something on it on my old blog last year. I was beat to it though by Viz in their Top Tips section. It was something like:

"Wilkinson Sword, are you a down-hearted that Gilette have released a three-blade razor? Simply take the advantage and design one with four blades. Hey presto, market dominance...."